Thursday, November 10, 2011

about me

hello internet friends. 


here is a short chronological order of things i've done. and some info about me.

I graduated from Purdue University with two degrees, one in Photography and the other in Art History.

During my time at school my favorite photo projects consisted of cyanotype prints onto fabric and 4x5 view camera photos using a polaroid back.




In 2008 I traveled to Thailand and lived in an Orphanage north of Chiang Mai for two weeks. It was a wonderful and life changing experience. They are so willing to serve and so generous even when they have so little.




In 2009 by best friend and I took a 14 day 7,000+ mile road trip across the country. 



In 2011 I traveled to Guatemala and spent two weeks with farmers who are part of a co-op outside of Antigua.




I've been to almost all of the 50 states the ones I have left are: Massachusetts, New Hampshire, South Dakota, Vermont, Wisconsin, Louisiana, North Dakota, Connecticut, Maine, Delaware, Nevada

I compete in Barista Competitions. {nerdy to those of you who aren't coffee obsessed, but cool to those who know what i'm talking about.}


So clearly i love coffee. And here are some posts about it.



I absolutely love Harry Potter. I read the first book when I was 11 and cried at the end of last movie when I was 23. 



I married my soul mate on October 23, 2011. And we live in a 100 year old house that his family built. I couldn't be more happy.





I am so blessed by God to have been everywhere I have and know so many wonderful people.



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Hello, thank you for stopping in and commenting on my blog today :)

    Yours is quite adorable and I'm glad to have found it.

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed seeing all these little bits and pieces about you and what you've done! It's amazing to learn that we have some things in common. I, too, graduated from Purdue. (I studied both English and Theatre, and finished my degree in May 2011.) Your road trip sounds amazing. I'll be doing the same thing this summer--my two best friends and I are planning a trip from Indiana all the way to Seattle. We're aiming for two weeks, but it might extend to three, just because we're crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can definitely make the trip in two weeks. Our trip was more about the drive than seeing things on our way, we wanted to experience the changing landscape. We also got to see little bits of each town we stayed it. I tell everyone they need to take a trip like this, it changes you and the way you view the country.

      Delete