Wednesday, February 9, 2011

contemporary artists


I have two contemporary artists that I love and would like to share.


"I chose to work with the body and the city. I've started to roam around several major cities, studying their history and placing little ice sculptures in their meaningful historical places. Monuments are the synthesis of my restlessness: a historical celebration far away from ordinary men. I then subvert the official monument's characteristics by breaking the monumental scale with a little ice sculpture, honoring the anonymous and melting the body in the city."





from an interview with Good Magazine.






He is a professional Photographer and Storm Chaser. The later is what creates the magic in his images. The skies and light quality are distinctly his.

all for now.

1 comment:

  1. Sara, these pictures are stunning. Nele Azevedo's work is so clever. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete