Monday, August 13, 2012

music {video} monday: #newportfolkfest

Today I will be sharing the many musical adventures from the Newport Folk Festival. It was such a great line-up this year and I am so so grateful to have been there and seen all the talent that I did. So here we go...


the harbor


Point Judith. The lighthouse from Moonrise Kingdom


Ben Sollee (the allstar from the weekend) having Apache Relay help him play a Paul Simon song. I almost died it was so perfect.


 First Aid Kit. So so talented, and obsessed with the song Emmylou.



Two photos of The Head and The Heart because they were that good folks.


 Jim James (Yim Yames) during the My Morning Jacket set wearing a cape. Yep that's right a cape.


The guys from Punch Brothers just looked like they were having a blast... can't you tell from this photo.


Sugarman or Rodriguez. Truly an amazing story. I was so grateful to get see him play, even if it was through the window on the backside of the building.


The Tallest Man on Earth, more like The Largest Crowd. Seriously was anyone else listening to someone else play? Here is my panorama from my phone of the crowd. 


And I'll Leave you with two videos for today.

A trailer for the documentary "The Search for Sugarman"



And The Lion's Roar by First Aid Kit


I'll have more videos from the other artists in coming music {video} mondays.
have a great day!


Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment