Wednesday, August 1, 2012

old family photographs

I absolutely adore old family photographs. I have started collecting some and my mom has been scanning some in too, so we both have copies. There is something quite powerful about a physical photograph. Being able to hold that second in time forever gives you a physical record of your memories, or of people you never even met. I could go on and on about the power of a physical photograph, but I'll save that for another day. Here are a few old family pictures.


mamaw & papaw
she was pretty stylin' back then. I only wish she had kept all her vintage dresses. 


my great grandparents


my grandpaw is on the right.


great grandpa with his oxen.


my mom is the first little kid on that horse


my papaw and my mom.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment