Wednesday, February 6, 2013

artist inspiration

Back again with a painter that I consider to be one of the best of the modern era.

Mark Rothko

Learning about him is great, but his work is truly something to be experienced. The first time you stand in front of a Rothko, you become lost in it. You search for the point where one color becomes another, you look at the color and evaluate it for all it means to you, presently as well as in the past and future. I know that sounds like I'm the crazy art lady, but its the truth. Stand in front of a Rothko and tell me you don't see so much more than shapes and color.

I haven't visited the Rothko chapel yet in my life but it's on my list of things to accomplish/places to visit. The last picture is of the chapel and if you click it, it will take you to the chapel's website. All images came from here.








Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment